We are looking for a talented Sr. System Engineer/Consultant that wants to take their skills to the next level
You will be responsible for designing, building and supporting multiple client physical and virtual networks consisting of virtualized servers, and enterprise systems management, components, email, SANs, Exchange and COTS applications.
Engineering creative and cost-effective solutions, end to end operational support, capacity planning, performance monitoring, system integration, and participating in or managing technical projects.
Ideal candidates are passionate about technology and enjoy the challenges of staying on the cutting edge of this fast changing field. Position will involve meeting with clients to identify their business and technology needs then working together with the client to create solid, reliable solutions to allow technology to make their businesses more effective.
Candidate will be exposed to many different types of technology and will focus primarily on enterprise grade solutions. Position involves supporting both our internal and our client's network and servers. Your involvement with clients would include verbal and written communications as well as some presentations. Some travel will be required, typically day trips.
Typical environments will include 150-500 users and you will need to be able to support multiple clients. You must have experience building a system from the ground up from design through implementation and support for an environment of at least 150 users. While there are administrative duties this is not an admin role...this is a consultative systems engineering role.
You will be joining a team of very professional, seasoned System Engineers and will certainly be able to lean on them and learn a lot but this is a role where you have to be able to deliver as an individual and enjoy that type of responsibility.
- Work with clients to evaluate existing systems and create the concept and systems design to support their current and future needs and the operational delivery of solutions
- Enterprise support processes including:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Service Request Management
- Asset & Configuration Management
- Audit Compliance
- Business and Technical project delivery
- Infrastructure Delivery Process
- Provide engineering and operational support
- Plan, design and implement cloud automation and enterprise systems management capabilities
- Define, document and adhere to technical and operational standards and processes in support of infrastructure
- Maintain detailed technical documentation (e.g. standards, process, and run books)
- Ensure all tasks are completed with high quality and timely execution
- Strive for best in class teamwork by regularly stretching and consistently measuring execution to a high-bar
- Leverage business knowledge to champion solutions and process improvements that increase customer satisfaction and lower operating cost
- Build relationships which foster collaboration and partnerships to drive better strategies, processes and final product to the customer
- Integrate web and application server solutions by working effectively with other platform technologies: Storage, Server, Network, Active Directory,
Database other operating systems
- Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions
- Demonstrate strong organizational, technical validation and documentation skills
- Understand and comply with defined standards for regulated IT environments
- Support internal and external customers as needed
- Receive general direction from manager
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated technical skills planning, implementing and supporting the following technologies, including all aspects of system provisioning, management, troubleshooting, operational stability, and lifecycle management:
- Experience designing and building a VMWare or Hyper V environment
- Through understanding of DNS, Internet, TCP/IP, routing concepts, proactive capacity planning and performance monitoring
- Qualified Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Designing and configuring Windows Server
- Designing and configuring a SANs
- Designing and building Exchange environments
- Designing and building Active Directory Domains
- Innovative team player with strong analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong crisis and vendor management
- Exceptional organization, communication and follow-through
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent demonstrated work experience
- Experience with the following:
- Asset and Configuration Management
- Security & Patch Compliance
- Hardware and Software Lifecycle Management
- Proactive Infrastructure monitoring
- Capacity Planning
- Disaster Recovery