Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Are you interested in joining the fastest growing company in the city? Our client is newly international, hiring career aggressive high achievers to be the next generation of leaders. They offer highly competitive comp packages and fantastic PTO!
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst applies an analytical mind to turn data into knowledge. By interpreting data to discover patterns and identify trends, he/she will create timely, relevant and actionable insights that will be highly impactful. The Senior Business Intelligence will be responsible for creating and managing highly intricate data models and data-mining large, complex data sets for opportunities across our portfolio.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. It comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
- Utilizes a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory data-mining analyses to reveal insight across the portfolio.
- Interprets and communicates insights to product, service and business management.
- Works with business leaders to identify and develop metrics and visualizations that will track performance and highlight potential inefficiencies.
- Develops in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data.
- Partners with business teams to gather, document and maintain business requirements that will inform data modeling decisions.
- Compiles data from various sources into a single, consumable, data set, including design and implementation of data cubes.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems or Business; prior work experience in Business Intelligence preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Required strong analytical acumen with the ability to uncover insights and create stories by seamlessly integrating a variety of data sources
- Proficiency with sophisticated analytics tools and programming languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Alteryx, SQL, HiveQL) and visualization platforms (PowerBI, Webfocus)
- Experience with relational databases, OLAP Cubes and data warehousing (Oracle, DB2, Hadoop) preferred
- Experience in data mining and root cause analysis preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets across multiple platforms and design efficient processes to provide accurate and timely information.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
*Rainmaker is a search firm focused in Finance, Accounting, Tax, Audit, Risk & Compliance,Treasury, M&A, Investor Relations, Financial Data, Business Intelligence and Analytics recruiting.
Certified Woman Owned Business by WBENC
7 Consecutive Years named a Largest Executive Search Firm by Cincinnati Business Courier
Largest Women-Owned Business by Columbus Business First
To view more active searches visit our website: