Senior Accountant- Financial Reporting
This position reports directly to the Chief Accounting Officer. The Senior Accountant supports the Chief Accounting Officer with the preparation of financial statements in accordance to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”). The Senior Accountant also assists the Chief Accounting Officer with adhering to the timelines of the monthly close cycle, the adherence of strong internal controls over financial reporting, and the adherence to all corporate financial policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supports the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer with the integrity of the reported financial results of the company. To ensure reported financial results adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”). Assists with the interpretation of “GAAP” as it applies to the company and as it relates to its business practices and processes.
· Assists with the preparation of the Consolidated Financial Statements.
· Will serve as one of the points of contact between Corporate Accounting and Shared Service Center/Business Units accounting with regard to various accounting and financial information requirements and data gathering.
· Assist with the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and preparation of the quarterly forecast.
· Assist with the development and measurement of the company-wide Accounting Department annual objectives, goals and key-performance indicators (KPIs).
· Serve as a point of contact for external auditors and the preparation of schedules required to support the quarterly reviews and annual audits.
· Assist with the remediation of gaps in internal control identified by either internal audit or the company’s external auditors that could directly or indirectly impact the integrity of the company’s reported financial statements. Monitor the application of appropriate internal controls along with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2003 (“SOX”) compliance.
· Assist with the oversight of issues that arise with the company’s ERP system (Enterprise One) that directly or indirectly impact accounting policies, procedures and processes.
· Assists the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Accounting Officer with various projects and initiatives.
· Assist with the preparation and filing of various SEC filings such as not limited to the Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting
· An active CPA license and experience preparing financial statements for a publicaly traded company preferred, but not required.
· Public Accounting Experience
· One to three years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with ERP operating software, preferably JD Edwards or Oracle operating systems a Plus
· Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.