IRD, LLC is the premier manufacturer of IRD Balancing equipment and Lexseco Core Loss Testers. Having been in business since the early 1950's, IRD works with customers in the rotating apparatus industries. Our global facility, located in Louisville Kentucky serves customers from all over the world, yet we are a small company with the family feel.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Become an expert of the assigned products, applications and competitive advantages. Interface with customers to develop the appropriate solution for their application.
Manage all customer related activities to both satisfy customer requirements and develop opportunities for product sales growth. Coordinate the interactions necessary within assigned products to achieve these goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage all internal sales activities related to fulfillment of the customer order. These activities include:
- Research and become fully immersed in the design and application of the assigned products.
- Pro-actively market assigned products to new and existing customer base
- Develop and submit quotations based on customer requirements
- Receive and enter the customer’s purchase order while resolving any commercial issues (credit, payment terms, etc.)
- Follow the order through the system, providing support to other departments (Production, Shipping) as necessary
Work with Application Engineers to field initial sales inquiries and determine the appropriate product for the customer application.
Provide technical support of the product as it relates to the customer applications. Understand the customer issues with the product(s) and develop recommendations for product improvement that will address these issues.
Act as the customer’s primary contact for all requests, routing the customer to other service areas as appropriate. Coordinate the customer interface to the repair process. This includes setting up of RMAs, providing quotations for rentals/repairs and follow up with customers to obtain purchase orders.
Extend our contact with the customer by coordinating outside field service and sales activities with the Application Engineers
Develop new sales opportunities with campaigns utilizing on-line research, pro-active mailings and phone calls that emphasize assigned products competitive advantage versus the competition. Develop and maintain a process to track sales opportunities through to the final sale.
Develop and recommend future enhancements to assigned products that will address market expansion opportunities. Develop and implement marketing improvements (product literature, website, etc.) that will increase market opportunities for the product. Participate in the new product development with engineering to implement new and existing product changes.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Engineering preferred or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with a strong technical aptitude.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
Prior sales engineering or marketing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Fluency in second language (Spanish) is preferred. This may be changed to a requirement if the current staff’s skill level does not include the necessary proficiency to meet business requirements.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and parts sales/support/service preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and exhibit attention to detail
- Must be a team player and practice good time management/organizational skills
- Must have a positive/professional attitude and the ability to be assertive
- Must have a “sales” personality with a “closing” mentality
- Microsoft Office experience is required
- Desktop publishing skills preferred
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to lift 70 lbs in a warehouse environment
- Some travel required (10%) for customer visits and trade shows
Valid driver’s license and passport for potential international travel.
IRD offers a full range of benefits, including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, supplementary insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays. Apply today to learn more about this exciting opportunity.