Krauth Electric Company prides itself on having a presence in the Louisville, Kentucky and surrounding region for over 100 years. KEC specializes in the sale and remanufacture of electromechanical equipment, like electric motors, motor parts, etc. We also provide a wide range of engineering services intended to predict and prevent problems in the same type of equipment. We are currently looking for someone to expand our business base via development of new business and servicing some of the customer base we currently have.
Apply today if you are interested in a strong growth opportunity!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for direct sales and marketing efforts within a given geographic area and providing general sales assistance company-wide as needed. Has primary responsibility for those accounts assigned and for developing new accounts. Employs application engineering and professional selling skills. Grows the sales of products and services.
Systematically develops the Strategic Growth Manager role by obtaining a comprehensive knowledge of all the company’s services and products and building relationships with all current employees and potential key customers both directly and through a developing sales force.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for direct sales and marketing of industrial parts and equipment, and electromechanical and engineering services. Includes achieving specified sales goals within each product and service group.
- Creates and maintains strong communication between sales, production, office personnel and the customer.
- Performs customer service functions related to their accounts, and territory maintenance, including problem resolution, collection/credit issues, and related follow-up.
- Completes documentation necessary to the sales transaction, including itineraries, customer set up forms, sales order forms, quote forms, call reports, etc.
- Carefully adheres to all safety requirements for both KEC and that of the customers that he/she visits.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to key clients, alone and in coordination with sales representatives.
- Represents KEC at various trade association meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Forecasts sales activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Analyzes sales statistics to better understand past and present trends, thus being better able to manage future opportunities.
- Researches new potential markets to direct efforts toward services that meet or exceed KEC’s profit plan.
- Continuously gains a working knowledge of competing products, services and companies.
- Prepares and presents annual sales budget.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budget and maximize value.
- Assists with sales training and works with inside and outside sales personnel to improve their knowledge of service related issues and to help maximize their opportunities with customers.
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or comparable experience in related industry required.
- Industrial sales experience, with mechanical aptitude and technical orientation/interest required. Business development experience strongly preferred.
- Technical product with service/sales experience preferred.
- Strategic Planning, forecasting and budgeting experience preferred.
- Electric motor or related equipment experience preferred. Purchasing experience helpful.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone voice, oral, written and interpersonal.
- Ability to learn, handle multiple priorities and willingness to be flexible required.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- High energy level, positive “can-do” attitude and ability to work in a fast pace industrial setting required.
Must be computer literate, preferably with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and contact management software experience.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, as it may be necessary to lift equipment on occasion.
- Must be able to read fine print on equipment name plates.
- Must be able to safely drive his/her own vehicle and company vehicles, while maintaining a clean driving record. Due to driving requirements, must be able to sit for extended periods and easily move in and out of vehicle.
- Must be able to easily move about in all unpredictable industrial environments, when determined that it is safe to do so. This includes climbing stairs, ladders, and inclines.
- Must be available for consultation if needed by the customer at night or on the weekends. Must be able to respond to customer emergency requirements on a 24-7 basis.
- May be exposed to loud noise, gases from equipment and unpredictable conditions as dictated by the customer’s environment.
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be willing to sign a non-compete agreement.
- Must either own a vehicle suitable for professional sales calls and be willing to use such vehicle for company business and conduct related travel within a geographic territory, or use a company vehicle at the company’s discretion.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
KEC offers a full range of benefits, including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, supplementary insurance, 401k plan, paid vacation and holidays, to name a few.