IRD, LLC is a global manufacturer specializing in industrial test equipment used in the rotating apparatus industry. IRD is well known for it's soft-bearing balancing technology via the IRD Balancing equipment. It also manufactures the Lexseco Core Loss Testers used to test the integrity of steel in electric motor cores.
IRD is looking to add to its IT and Engineering staff via an engineer capable of developing technologies for its products and inhouse services. We will consider a contract or full-time employment relationship for someone who has experience in PIC32 microcontroller and MPLABS X IDE. Pay for this position is negotiable and would not fit within the search parameters for this job posting website.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for working with teams on technical projects for IRD and KEC, specifically the design, development, and maintenance of software and firmware for the IRD and Lexseco products and advancement of company systems. This position is also responsible for providing support for company products and systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of software and firmware for the IRD and Lexseco products and company systems to include the following:
- Work with IRD Engineering Design team to develop technical specifications from functional requirements.
- Develop and debug firmware for custom targets. Including using microcontroller components: Timers, interrupts, ADC, SPI (or other) inter-component communication mechanisms.
- Develop code to meet project specifications, which could involve using multiple languages (such as C, C#, C++, etc.)
- Test, debug, and modify code to meet the technical requirements of the functional specifications.
- Create test applications for PC as needed to test firmware
- Assist in product deployment
- Provide software maintenance and upgrades (such as: bug fixes, new features, keeping things current, etc.)
- Provide high level software support and track and document software revisions
- Fully document all aspects of projects. Including but not limited to: commenting source code, detailed project overview description, detailed compiling instructions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
DESCRIBE NATURE OF CUSTOMER CONTACT:
- Constant contact with project/product management, Engineering, and related vendors
- Support for both internal and external customers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
Three to five years of programming experience.
- Must be proficient in C#, C, and C++
- Experience writing firmware for PIC32 Microcontroller is preferred
- Experience with MPLABS X IDE is preferred
- Knowledge of Keil and Silicon Labs IDE helpful
- 8051 Embedded programming helpful
- Experience working with sensor measurement is preferred
- Must have experience using Visual Studio (2010, 2015)
- Knowledge of basic electronics helpful
- Windows 7 Embedded and Windows 10 IOT experience helpful
- Web development knowledge or experience helpful
- Any database experience helpful.
- C# / ASP.NET Web Forms is a plus.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Personal Computer, Multimeter, Oscilloscope, and Signal Generator
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must maintain an up-to-date driver’s license and appropriate insurance
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 80 pounds.
- Must be willing to work in plant environment on occasion where temperature fluctuations and noise may occur
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge of related technologies
- Must be willing to sign a non-compete and confidentiality clause
Apply today! IRD has a comprehensive benefit package and wants to hear from you.