Lewis Bakeries, Inc. is looking for a Staff Accountant for the Evansville, IN Corporate office. This position will report directly to the Office Manager, and work closely with the CFO.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial recoreds for the organization.
- Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standard defined within the department.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Audit financial transactions and docment accounting control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree (B.S.) in Accounting or other relevant curriculum.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Finance and Accounting
- Experience with budgeting and cost control principles, including GAAP
- Great communication skills, written and spoken form.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic; self-starter.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Lewis Bakeries, INc. values the diversity of our team members. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from all individuals.
Lewis Bakeries, Inc. offers comprehensive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Lewis Bakeries, Inc. is the leading producer of baked goods in about a dozen states in the Midwest, anchored by its flagship brands Bunny Bread, Gateway, Hartford Farms, Healthy Life, and Indiana Spud potato bread. The company's products include whole grain and white breads, buns, muffins, and bagels. Boasting a handful of baking facilities in Indiana and Tennessee, it also provides frozen bakery products nationwide. In addition to its own brands, Lewis Bakeries makes and distributes bread products under such licensed names as Butternut, Cinnabon, Holsum, Sun-Maid, Roman Meal, and Sunbeam. The family-owned company was established in 1925 by the Lewis brothers: Amos, Arnold, and Jack.
Lewis Bakeries, Inc. is one of the few remaining independent bakeries in the Midwest. Our company is headquartered in Evansville, Indiana with additional bakeries in Fort Wayne, LaPorte, and Vincennes. We also have one bakery located in Murfreesboro, TN.