AFC Industries is seeking to hire a Buyer. This position is responsible for import/domestic purchases of various product. The buyer will serve as a point of contact for vendors on topics related the components in the respective category.
AFC Industries is a growing organization dedicated to providing supply chain expertise, inventory management solutions, C-parts and technical service support to its customer partners.
With original headquarters near Cincinnati, Ohio, we grow organically and through the acquisition of like-minded, customer-driven organizations all over North America.
The role is located in our Fairfield, OH office. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and team-oriented, with strong communication skills.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Import vendor sourcing, selection and price negotiations
- Manage inventory by planning, executing and tracking purchases
- Work closely with VP of Supply Management, Quotations Manager and vendors on new product, existing product and revisions.
- Provide complete landed cost break down
- Manage and resolve import issues from suppliers and the Import Coordinator
- Work with suppliers to expedite deliveries
- Resolve receiving issues as well as vendor returns for quality issues
- Provide back up support for critical supply chain processes and procedures
- Analyze historical sales, current trends and exceptions to forecast demand levels.
- Set up and maintain proper inventory levels
- Monitor excess and low inventory levels
- Maintain updated supplier information (ie: cost, lead time, flow)
- Initiate and implement corrective action plans for the department as well as with suppliers regarding delivery and quality requirements
- Manage out of stock service situations including substitute product
High school dipolma or GED is required.
Five (5) years experience in fastener purchasing or a related field is strongly preferred.
Excellent written and verbal skills with attention to detail are required.
Strong negotiation skills are required.
Consistent mindset to coninually achieve best results.
Ability to work independantly as well as with others.
Ability to work with mathmatical concepts, monitoring the need for commodities and assisting the Purchasing Manager in forecasting future demands.
Extensive experience in fastener distribution, fastener related product and detailed specifications is desired.
High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and MRP Systems and/or ability to learn releated ERP is required. Previous or current experience with Prophet 21 is desirable.
AFC Industries offers competitive wages and excellent benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays and PTO.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN (US)